This AARC-approved course, offered by Riverside County Department of Public Health Lactation Services, follows the IBCLE Exam Blueprint Disciplines and Chronological Periods, covering 105 didactic hours fulfilling the Lactation Specific Requirements of 90 hours to sit for the IBCLC exam. Grow Our Own is designed to help further your career goals and increase your confidence through knowledge, raising job satisfaction. We use a community approach, bringing together health professionals from diverse areas within the community to better serve the neighborhood. It takes a village to make breastfeeding the norm!
Course Information & Registration:
- Visit the Loving Support website for background and details about past courses.
Course Locations and Schedules (class dates subject to change):
- A desire to learn and help breastfeeding mothers and babies
- Breastfeeding and Human Lactation (4th Edition), Riordan and Wambach
- Comprehensive Lactation Consultant Exam Review (3rd Edition), Smith
- TB Test within the last 6 months (results submitted to the instructor first day of class)
- Purchase of Private Insurance (suggested source)