2011-2012 CNC Scholarship Recipients
CWA congratulates all of our Scholarship Recipients and supports their continued pursuit in advancing their careers within the WIC Program and thanks General Mills for their donations to make these scholarships possible.
Stefan Harvey Scholarship
- Jiali Lin, Contra Costa County WIC
This special scholarship honors the distinctive achievements of Stefan Harvey, former Director of the WIC Project at the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities in Washington, DC. Ms. Harvey, who is a now a CWA Board Member and Assistant Director of the California Center for Public Health Advocacy, led national advocacy for the WIC Program during its first 30 years.
Anne Peterson Memorial Scholarship
- Liliana Prado Nava, Merced County WIC
We dedicate this scholarship to the memory of a beloved WIC state colleague, Anne Peterson, whose unique blend of operational and technical skills combined with her passion for the WIC Program’s mission. Anne really embodied the “heart and soul” of what it means to work in the WIC Program.
General Mills Scholarship
- Xochitl Valdivia, Northeast Valley Health Corp.
- Dulce Salazar, Northeast Valley Health Corp.
- Claudia Carvalho, American Red Cross
- Christina Chai, Northeast Valley Health Corp.
- Deanna Eisele, PHFE
- Michelle Gambucci, American Red Cross
- Ozodimma Ihenacho, PHFE
- Cynthia Marasigan, American Red Cross
- Karmen Ovsepyan, Northeast Valley Health Corp.
- Yen Pham, American Red Cross
- Basthy Ramirez, PHFE
- Isabel Saghian, PHFE
- Vagram Sulukyan, Northeast Valley Health Corp.
- Winifred Tadios, CDPH WIC
- Whitney Tawney, PHFE
- Amy West, American Red Cross
- Kathy Wong, Sacramento County
- Angie Cavazos, San Mateo County
- Sandra Erb, Merced County Community Action
- Haydee Herrera-Sosa, Native American Health Centers
- Evelyn Sylvester, Sacramento County WIC
HEALTHY FAMILIES...STRONG COMMUNITIES...BRIGHT FUTURES!
CALIFORNIA WIC ASSOCIATION | 3120 FREEBOARD DR. #101 WEST SACRAMENTO, CA 95691 | PHONE: 916-572-0700