2012-2013 CNC Scholarship Recipients
CWA congratulates all of our Scholarship Recipients and supports their continued pursuit in advancing their careers within the WIC Program and thanks General Mills for their donations to make these scholarships possible.
Stefan Harvey Scholarship
- Mirella Lopez, Monterey County WIC
This special scholarship honors the distinctive achievements of Stefan Harvey, former Director of the WIC Project at the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities in Washington, DC. Ms. Harvey, who is a now a CWA Board Member and Assistant Director of the California Center for Public Health Advocacy, led national advocacy for the WIC Program during its first 30 years.
Anne Peterson Memorial Scholarship
- Teresa Nina Legg, Scripps Mercy WIC
We dedicate this scholarship to the memory of a beloved WIC state colleague, Anne Peterson, whose unique blend of operational and technical skills combined with her passion for the WIC Program’s mission. Anne really embodied the “heart and soul” of what it means to work in the WIC Program.
Anne Garrett Memorial Scholarship
- Margaret Diaz, Public Health Foundation Enterprises (PHFE)
We dedicate this scholarship to the memory of Anne Garrett, RN, IBCLC, and Breastfeeding Coordinator for San Mateo County WIC. Anne’s professional dedication embodied the spirit of WIC, providing tireless leadership and mentoring at the local, state and national levels, and helped ensure California WIC would have the highest standards of breastfeeding support and standards of care.
General Mills Scholarship
- Bianca De La Torre, North County Health Services
- Pilar Heredia, RIverside County WIC
- Cristiane Angrisani Fuhrer, Scripps Mercy WIC
- Rennie Aranda, Contra Costa County WIC
- Adriana Arredondo, SDSU Foundation
- Melissa Bonus, PHFE
- Diana Bran, PHFE
- Kalyn Burnell, Butte County WIC
- Jamie Downs, American Red Cross WIC
- Tonce Jackson, PHFE
- Maria del Carmen Bravo, United Health Centers of San Joaquin
- Jessica King, Northeast Valley Health Corp.
- Ngoc Le, Stanislaus County WIC
- Amanda Longino, PHFE
- Ginko Lueder, Riverside County WIC
- Stephanie Riley, Northeast Valley Health Corp.
- Maha Shariff, PHFE
- Elizabeth Vaccaro, Northeast Valley Health Corp.
- Aimei Wu, Alameda County WIC
- Lisa Martinez, United Health Centers of San Joaquin
- Nicole DeMasi, Northeast Valley Health Corp.
HEALTHY FAMILIES...STRONG COMMUNITIES...BRIGHT FUTURES!
CALIFORNIA WIC ASSOCIATION | 3120 FREEBOARD DR. #101 WEST SACRAMENTO, CA 95691 | PHONE: 916-572-0700