2014-2015 CNC Scholarship Recipients
CWA congratulates all of our Scholarship Recipients and supports their continued pursuit in advancing their careers within the WIC Program and thanks General Mills for their donations to make these scholarships possible.
Stefan Harvey Scholarship
- Qiaoling Gong, American Red Cross WIC San Diego
This special scholarship honors the distinctive achievements of Stefan Harvey, former Director of the WIC Project at the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities in Washington, DC. Ms. Harvey, who is a now a CWA Board Member and Assistant Director of the California Center for Public Health Advocacy, led national advocacy for the WIC Program during its first 30 years.
Anne Peterson Memorial Scholarship
- Esmeralda Garcia, Public Health Foundation Enterprises, Inc.
We dedicate this scholarship to the memory of a beloved WIC state colleague, Anne Peterson, whose unique blend of operational and technical skills combined with her passion for the WIC Program’s mission. Anne really embodied the “heart and soul” of what it means to work in the WIC Program.
Anne Garrett Memorial Scholarship
- Wendy Ceja‐Garcia, Public Health Foundation Enterprises, Inc.
We dedicate this scholarship to the memory of Anne Garrett, RN, IBCLC, and Breastfeeding Coordinator for San Mateo County WIC. Anne’s professional dedication embodied the spirit of WIC, providing tireless leadership and mentoring at the local, state and national levels, and helped ensure California WIC would have the highest standards of breastfeeding support and standards of care.
General Mills Scholarship
- Sarah Getachew, Public Health Foundation Enterprises, Inc.
- Cristina Pessegueiro, Planned Parenthood of Orange & San Bernardino Counties
- Brooke Adams, Public Health Foundation Enterprises, Inc.
- Audrey Cristales, Public Health Foundation Enterprises, Inc.
- Nare Davoodi, Northeast Valley Health Corp.
- Stacey Doolin, Riverside County
- Rana Eghtesadi, United Health Centers
- Keirnin Harris, Stanislaus County
- Christy Helvestine, Northeast Valley Health Corp.
- Caitlin Jackson, SDSU Foundation
- Anamarie Orgera, Contra Costa County
- Carrie Percy, Butte County Public Health
- Jaime Rangel, Scripps Mercy
- Ruben Vargas, Northeast Valley Health Corp.
Undergraduate & Graduate Students
- Lauren Gendler, Indian Health Care Center of Santa Clara – Graduate
- Edgar Gomez, San Diego State University Research Foundation – Undergraduate
- Sha‐Knecia Payne, Inland Behaviorial Health Services – Graduate
- Valerie Ward, Public Health Foundation Enterprises, Inc. – Undergraduate
HEALTHY FAMILIES...STRONG COMMUNITIES...BRIGHT FUTURES!
CALIFORNIA WIC ASSOCIATION | 3120 FREEBOARD DR. #101 WEST SACRAMENTO, CA 95691 | PHONE: 916-572-0700