WIC Ambassador Tools
Thank you for volunteering to become the voice of WIC in Sacramento and Washington, DC! This page offers multiple resources to help WIC Ambassadors like you prepare to speak with your legislator or host a legislative visit at your WIC site. Visit our Federal Policy Center and State Policy Center for more information on current issues, bills and other policies. You’ll also find background information on our WIC Facts & Figures page.
Speaking with your legislator
- Find your legislators – federal, state, and local
- Making an Appointment: Before, During, and After
- Tips for Speaking to Your Legislator
- 2019 California Fact Sheet – WIC Works!
- California WIC Program: Facts and Issues
- Estimated WIC Caseload and Dollars Redeemed, by California Congressional District – August 2018
Hosting a legislative site visit
- Sample Event Invitation
- Steps for Hosting a Legislative Site Visit/Special Event
- Sample Agenda for Legislative Site Visit
- Sample Media Advisory
- Template Press Release
- Sample Thank You Letter
Other Ambassador Tools
- California WIC Agencies by U.S. Congressional District (2018)
- Key U.S. Congressional Committees for WIC Advocates (113th Congress)
- California Senate Contact & Districts by WIC Agency (2018)
- California Assembly Contact & Districts by WIC Agency (2018)
- What is a WIC Ambassador?
- Ambassador Interest Form
- Legislative Activity Report Form
- Sample Congressional Fact Sheet
HEALTHY FAMILIES...STRONG COMMUNITIES...BRIGHT FUTURES!
CALIFORNIA WIC ASSOCIATION | 3120 FREEBOARD DR. #101 WEST SACRAMENTO, CA 95691 | PHONE: 916-572-0700