Breastfeeding Advocacy Resources
Learn from local WIC agencies and their breastfeeding promotion events, or connect with other organizations focused on breastfeeding support and advocacy.
Local Agency Breastfeeding Events
Every year, local WIC agencies celebrate World Breastfeeding Week, National Breastfeeding Month, Black Breastfeeding Week, and more, with energy, creativity, partnerships, and fun! Here we share their event/activity descriptions and tips, so that you can get ideas for your own celebrations!
Click on a blue agency name below for event details and contact information.
To submit your agency’s event information, email Meghan or phone 916-572-0700.
- American Red Cross WIC celebrated Black Breastfeeding Week by hosting a special support group for African American moms and moms-to-be.
- Over 200 people joined Community Bridges WIC on their WBW Awareness Walk through Watsonville.
- La Clinica de la Raza WIC welcomed 50 moms to their first WBW events in Oakland.
- Montery County WIC offers helpful tips for organizing a breastfeeding awareness walk/event.
- CinnaMoms African American Support Groups at 5 PHFE WIC sites touched the lives of 114 people.
- City & County of San Francisco WIC offered training to child care programs about “Accommodating Lactation at Childcare Facilities.”
- Local elected officials recognized the efforts of breastfeeding moms at Santa Barbara County WIC’s WBW celebration.
- Santa Clara County WIC and partners staffed breastfeeding awareness tables in clinic lobbies.
- Shasta County WIC hosted a Diaper Derby and other activities at the public library. Watch their YouTube video!
- Nearly 20 partner organizations joined Stanislaus County WIC in their annual WBW Celebration, with 375 WIC participants attending.
- TriCounties Breastfeeding Coalition (Colusa, Sutter, Yuba) hosted a Big Latch On at the Yuba City Farmer’s Market.
HEALTHY FAMILIES...STRONG COMMUNITIES...BRIGHT FUTURES!
CALIFORNIA WIC ASSOCIATION | 3120 FREEBOARD DR. #101 WEST SACRAMENTO, CA 95691 | PHONE: 916-572-0700