Breastfeeding & Healthcare Policy Resources
Are you a WIC Ambassador or other advocate for breastfeeding-supportive policies within the realm of healthcare reform? Here you’ll find California & federal breastfeeding-related legislation, research and information.
Breastfeeding Policy Resources
Breastfeeding Policy Resources – in two formats: MS Word or PDF
A comprehensive list (addressing hospital care, prenatal and postpartum support, worksite lactation, child care, state and federal data and organizations), compiled with the California Breastfeeding Coalition, 2012
Hospital Breastfeeding Support Legislation – SB 502 (2011) and SB 402 (2013) implementation
Breastfeeding & Health Care Reform
Policy briefs, reports, and toolkits to help local agencies support breastfeeding through WIC programs and community health care providers within the realm of health care reform.
California Legislation currently supported by CWA
WIC Ambassadors page
Breastfeeding Forum Tools and Resources to help you organize a forum in your community on “Breastfeeding Policy in California: Supporting Women & Families – Improving Health Equities.”
- Opportunities for Nutrition and Breastfeeding Interventions Under Health Care Reform, 2012
- WIC WORKS: Policy Changes Raise Breastfeeding Rates, 2011
- WIC WORKS: Higher Breastfeeding Rates Can Reduce Obesity, 2011
- Making the Case for Breastfeeding: The Health Argument Isn’t Enough, 2010
- Talking about Breastfeeding: Why the Health Argument Isn’t Enough, 2010
- Increasing Breastfeeding in the Low-Wage Worksite, 2009
- Increasing Exclusive Breastfeeding in WIC-The Power of Peer Counseling, 2009
- Breastfeeding: The First Defense Against Obesity, 2006
- Overcoming Barriers to Breastfeeding in Low-Income Women, 2006
HEALTHY FAMILIES...STRONG COMMUNITIES...BRIGHT FUTURES!
CALIFORNIA WIC ASSOCIATION | 3120 FREEBOARD DR. #101 WEST SACRAMENTO, CA 95691 | PHONE: 916-572-0700