WIC Ambassador Tools
Thank you for volunteering to become the voice of WIC in Sacramento and Washington, DC! This page offers multiple resources to help WIC Ambassadors like you prepare to speak with your legislator or host a legislative visit at your WIC site. Visit our Federal Policy Center and State Policy Center for more information on current issues, bills and other policies. You’ll also find background information on our WIC Facts & Figures page. For any questions on becoming a WIC Ambassador, please email Sarah Diaz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Speaking with your legislator
- Find your legislators – federal, state, and local
- Making an Appointment: Before, During, and After
- Tips for Speaking to Your Legislator
- 2020 California Fact Sheet – WIC Works!
- Estimated WIC Caseload and Dollars Redeemed, by California Congressional District-2020
Hosting a legislative site visit
- Sample Event Invitation
- Steps for Hosting a Legislative Site Visit/Special Event
- Sample Agenda for Legislative Site Visit
- Sample Media Advisory
- Template Press Release
- Sample Thank You Letter
Other Ambassador Tools
HEALTHY FAMILIES...STRONG COMMUNITIES...BRIGHT FUTURES!
CALIFORNIA WIC ASSOCIATION | 3960 INDUSTRIAL BLVD, SUITE 500 WEST SACRAMENTO, CA 95691 | PHONE: 916-572-0700